Choosing a UCaaS provider or Unified Communications as a Service is more difficult with today’s competitive landscape. There are so many choices of provider and various ways to implement your solution.
Most PBXs pre-date mobile’s rise and therefore many companies are not able to take advantage of the robust feature set. Below are five areas most companies are missing out on by not using their virtual PBX to its fullest capabilities.
- Administer your own cloud based phone system – No need for outside vendors to handle moves, adds, or changes. These can be done in an instant with a cloud based telephony solution.
- Schedule Based Routing – Set up call routing on the fly for holidays, inclement weather, seasonal swings in business, etc. You can do this from your app and do not need to be on site to administer.
- Bring Your Own Device / BYOD – Allows users to bring their own iPad and android tablets into the work environment. In addition, users are able to send texts directly from their work number on their devices.
- Twinning – Easily move calls between phones on multiple platforms. Ever have a conference call run longer than expected when you need to hit the road? Leading cloud based solutions allow you to take that call on the go by seamlessly moving it to your cell phone, or mobile application. No reason to hang up, transfer, or call back.
- Call Logs and Messages- with real time reporting features companies are able to access real time call data and set alerts for faxes, voicemails, missed calls, and texts.
These systems are less expensive to set up and maintain, as well as, more user friendly. Implementation is key. You’ll want the right service provider and the right implementation team to manage your migration.